Sat, 28 Oct|
Kink 101 LIVE
A workshop for the kinky and curious *Virtual tickets offered as well as 'cost of living' tix*
Time & Location
28 Oct, 12:00 – 18:00 BST
London, Arch, 113 / Unit, 17 Station Passage, London SE15 2JR, UK
About the event
This 6-hour workshop is a whistlestop tour through all the things you need to know to get kinky with conscience.
Designed and facilitated by MJ - a trainee psychosexual relationship therapist - in collaboration with The 5th House, this full-day course is the culmination of 10 years of exploration. It's everything MJ wished they'd known when starting out.
This workshop is for you, if you:
- Are intrigued by all things kinky, but not sure where or how to start.
- Worry that you'll be judged for your fantasies.
- Think your partner(s) might understand but, you're worried about how to broach the subject.
- Feel alone in your desires and want to meet likeminded people.
If you answered "yes" to any of the above, then we've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Join us!
The day aims to:
- Give you the knowledge, skills and tools to get started with confidence.
- Help you explore your kink personality and give you the confidence to express your needs and desires
- Support you to own your boundaries and gain a solid understanding of consent to make sure you're practising kink in the safest and sexiest possible way.
- And ultimately, spice up your sex life.
We will cover:
- An intro to kinks and fetishes: understanding what kinks and fetishes are; a look at the historical pathologisation of kink, which leads to society-wide kink-shaming; and the pros and cons of the current mainstreaming of kink.
- Some Common Kinks: An introduction to some of the more common kinks and tips on how to get started with each. Including: impact play, bondage, sensory deprivation, temperature play & watersports, orgasm control and cuckolding, BDSM, and an overview of some other common kinks.
- Conscious Kink: Tips, tricks and tools to help you kink consciously from the get go; the 6 Principles of Sexual Health, which can act as aspirations for how to live your best sexual life; how to recognise and manage kink frenzy; safewords and gesture; managing 'drop' and ideas for aftercare.
- Consent, Negotiation and Communication: An in-depth look at enthusiastic and informed consent, a fundamental aspect of kink; tips on how to manage consent violations; communication; what to negotiate in order to have the sexiest kink scene possible; tools to aid communicating our desires; fantasy and reality
- How to get started: Once you're armed with knowledge, it's time to explore practical tips for how to get started. Includes: a look at some of the kink dynamics on offer and an opportunity to explore your desires; tips for group sex; how to meet likeminded people; the role of fidelity agreements and sex workers.
You will receive a thorough workbook jam-packed with resources, journal prompts and practical activities to get your kink juices flowing. The workshop will provide plenty of time and space for individual and (optional) group refllection and discussion, as well as plenty of opportunity to ask questions.
"An incredibly nuanced, engaging, and well-researched course! I learned so much about kink, its history, as well as delightfully fun ways to explore it. So interesting to also hear a genuine perspective from the kink community on consent, mainstream kink, and how kink relates to every day life. A great resource for anyone curious! "Sunflower, nonbinary, 26
Image credit: Estella Bathory, by @original_matt_spike